Got some questions how I did my bases in the previous posts, so here's the 'secret':
The process is simple (and nicked from others)
(1) Apply polyfiller or equivalent to even out the bases
(2) paint dark green, quick highlight light green
(3) attach patches of silfor static grass (comes on sheet)
(3) paint the base with PVA glue diluted to thick milky substance, and scatter with a mix of light green and dark green fine turf
(4) Allow glue to dry, then wash with thinner PVA glue to fix the turf
(5) Apply coarse turf: burnt grass and the multi-coloured coarse turf I used for the wildflowers. Unfortunately there is no label on that bag and I can't for the life of me find it on the website...
(6) Allow glue to dry, then wash with thinner PVA glue to fix the coarse turf
(7) Matte varnish - the PVA glue dries to a really high shine and looks very silly as a result.
For the various turfs and such, see: Antenociti's Workshop